- all-purpose flour 2 1/2 cups
- baking soda 1/2 tsp
- baking powder 1/2 tsp
- salt 1/2 tsp
- salted butter, room temp. 16 tbsp(2 sticks)
- dark brown sugar 1 cup(packed)
- granulated sugar 1 cup
- peanut butter, smooth - room temp. 1 cup
- eggs, large 2
- vanilla extract 2 tbsp
OK. everyone loves peanut butter and jelly. using peanut butter cookies as the bread in a leveled up sandwich cookie combo.
- to start preheat the oven to 350 degs.
- In a large bowl with a paddle attachment.
- cream the brown sugar,room temp. butter, sugar,and salt.
- mix together flour,baking soda, baking powder and add to the creamed butter mixture.
- add in peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- mix until totally combined about 10 minutes with a stand mixer.
- remove dough and wrap in plastic wrap to chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- using a 1tbsp spoon, form 48 round balls and flatten by using a fork cross hatched pattern.
- bake for 10 minutes on a silicone mat and turn then bake for another 10 minutes.
- after cooled, top one side with jelly of your choosing and the another cookies with peanut butter frosting
- combine the two halves and your done.
if you would like to bring this cookie over the top, just melt chocolate, and drip each sandwich cookie in half way. let harden. this chocolate dipped version is to die for.