- Duck Breast 2
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ginger, grounded 1 tsp
Prepare Duck Breast
- Score skin in a lightly, cross-hatched pattern about halfway through the skin.
- season with salt and pepper, and ginger.
To cook duck
- cook in sous vide bag for 2 hours at 135 degrees using sous vide machine or a pot with a water bath. remove from bag and reserve juices.
to crisp skin and glaze duck
- dry duck breast to make ready for crisping.
- place in hot pan skin side down and press firmly until duck skin is crispy and rendered the fat.
- flip and apply the glaze.
- remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- slice the breast and serve with some glaze on the side.