- flour 2 1/2 cup
- water (start with 1/3 cup and add more based on feel dough) 1/3 -2/3 cup
- eggs, large 2
- olive oil (EVOO) 1 tablespoon
- salt 1 teaspoon
This is a simple pasta dough for making any type of pasta shapes that you like.example:
- Checkout the video on youtube/ BFAM cooking: https://youtu.be/A51RoD0PdMs
- mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- create a well in the center of the mixture.
- Into the well pour in eggs, olive oil, and 1/3 cup water to start.
- mix until all of the flour is incorporated. if the you see the dough is not incorporating all of the flour, add small amounts of water a teaspoon per time until the dough completely includes all of the flour.
- knead dough for 5 minutes. your kneading should be a folding of the dough into 1/3 and pressing action.
- your dough should be not be wet. it should have a spring to it, where as you are kneading it will bounce back.
- form the dough into a ball shape.
- let dough rest covered with a bowl or wrapped with plastic wrap for 20 minutes before forming into any pasta shape.