- egg yolks 4each
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese 4 cups
- guanciale, diced or bacon strips, diced 1/4 lb /4 silces
- black pepper 4 tbsp
- pasta 1 lbs
- Hot reserved pasta water 1 1/2 cup
SImple Carbonara sauce over pasta the no added cream method.
- Bring a pot of very salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a bowl mix egg yolks and black pepper and cheese, but reserve about 1/2 for later to finish the dish.
- in a frying pan, cook bacon until browned.
- in frying pan, add in al dente pasta to bacon which will de glaze the pan while on a low heat.
- in same frying pan, add in egg and cheese mixture and stirring in and removing from heat to return to the bowl.
- The sauce should not be mixed with the heat on or it will be over cooked and look let cooked eggs.
- Plate pasta and top with reserved cheese.