- egg yolks 2
- water 2 tbsp
- buter, unsalted and not hot and clarified 1 cup
- lemon juice 1tsp - tbsp - to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- in a 4 cup sauce pan, using a whisk mix water and egg yolk together over a medium heat until froth starts.
- reduce heat until you can see the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and while whisking drizzle in butter until sauce starts to thicken.
- add in lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- if too thick add more butter or if too thin add in another egg yolk.