- Zucchini 2 Medium, made into Noodles
- Shallot 1 small, minced
- Garlic 1 clove, minced
- White Wine (dry, like Pinot Grigio) 1/8 cup
- Lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- Thyme, fresh 1/2 tsp. minced
- Parsley, fresh 1 Tbsp. minced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp.
- Butter 1 Tbsp.
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Sliced Lemon 1/2, for garnish
- Shrimp 8 large, peeled and devained
1. Make Zucchini into noodles (see previous post for Turkey Bolognese) for making the noodles.
2. Add oil to a medium non-stick skillet, heat over medium heat. Add shallots, saute quickly, then add white wine and lemon juice. Then add garlic, herbs and salt & pepper. Saute until liquid is reduced slightly. Add shrimp and cook on low just until shrimp is pink, don’t over-cook. Turn off the heat and add butter. Once butter is melted remove shrimp and shallot mixture to a warm bowl and set aside.
3. Place zucchini noodles in the same pan, add 1/4 cup water and salt & pepper. Heat over medium heat and cook until softened, but still slightly firm. Add back the shrimp and sauce, toss to combine.
4. To serve, twirl the noodles on a large fork and place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over and garnish with lemon slices.