- yellow onion or a shallot 1/4 cup
- white wine vinegar 1/4 cup
- dry white wine 1/4cup
- butter, unsalted 1 cup
- cream 1tbsp
- salt and black pepper to taste
Beurre Blanc sauce (white wine sauce)
- In a 4 cup sauce pan, simmer onion or shallot, vinegar, and wine on medium heat till reduced to 1/2 (onion/shallots should not take on a color, but just favor the sauce).
- Turn heat to high, whisk while adding in butter.
- after butter is melted and everything has come together.
- add in cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain the sauce.
This is sauce is great with white fish/chicken/pork.
*thanks to craftsy.com for the class on mother sauces.