- bacon, cooked 6 strips
- butter, unsalted 3 sticks(24TBSP)
- heavy cream 2/3 cup
- thyme 3TBSP
- bay leaf 2 leaves
- white wine vinegar 2/3 cup
- white wine 2/3 cup
- shallots, medium 2(about 1/2cup)
- salt to taste
- lemon, small (both the juice and the zest) 2 ea
- black peper to taste
To enjoy the powerful favor of bacon without having a piece bacon of laying around on your plate make this bacon sauce for your dish.
- In a medium heavy bottom sauce pan, add saffron, bay leaves, crushed or cracked black peppercorns, dry white wine, white wine vinegar, shallots lemon and lemon zest.
- reduce sauce on high, until most of the wine and vinegar has been reduced to about 3/4.
- This sauce at this state should be near syrupy.
- Add in heavy cream, cook to a simmer.
- slowly add in cold butter, don’t let the pan get to hot.
- just melt and whip the butter adding in more butter until all the butter is in.
- ***Note:watching for the butter braking.***
- strain sauce and serve
- Best served with pork, chicken, fish or any seafood.